7 Best Web Scraping Courses & Tutorials [2021 OCTOBER …
25 Experts have compiled this list of Best Seven Web Scraping Online Courses, Tutorials, Training, Classes, and Certifications available online for 2021. It includes both paid and free resources to help you learn about Web Scraping, and these courses are suitable for beginners, intermediate learners as well as experts.
7 Best Web Scraping Courses, Tutorials, Certification & Training Online [2021 OCTOBER] [UPDATED]
1. Modern Web Scraping with Python using Scrapy Splash Selenium (Udemy)
The internet is indeed one of the largest sources of information. Though there are numerous web scraping tools available online, this course has been designed to help you create your own and design the functionalities as per your need. Commence from scratch and cover topics like CSS selectors, XPath, request cookies, scraping methodologies, building, and hosting spiders. The lessons use the latest version of Python, Splash, and Scrapy.
Key USPs –
– Theoretical and practical concepts are well balanced throughout the classes.
– Work on five hands-on projects
– Gain best practices from the instructor.
– Get answers to your queries from the instructor.
– 111 Lectures + 32 Articles + 8 Downloadable resources + Full lifetime access
Duration: 8 hours
Rating: 4. 7 out of 5
You can Sign up Here
2. Scrapy: Powerful Web Scraping & Crawling with Python (Udemy)
If you have a solid fundamental idea of Python and a beginner level of idea of Scrapy, then in this program, you will have the opportunity to capitalize on that. Warm-up by developing a fundamental spider, deploying them, and logging into sites using Scrapy. Once you get a clear idea, the lectures will take you to more advanced techniques and end the journey by saving the results in databases.
– Thorough guidance is provided to go through the installation.
– Get an overview of the syntax of XPath.
– Demonstrations based on real-life examples and practical scenarios.
– Q&A board is available to discuss your queries.
– 86 Lectures + 18 Articles + 41 Downloadable resources + Full lifetime access
Duration: 10. 5 hours
Rating: 4. 4 out of 5
Review: Pretty solid stuff from Lazar. Although I wish these courses had a “real” table of contents to drill-down to key points in the lectures (although not a problem to this course); Lazar shows some really powerful concepts and coding constructs here! – Chad Buie
3. Web Scraping in Nodejs (Udemy)
This hands-on tutorial on web scraping gets you started with Nodejs, Puppeteer, Cheerio, and demonstrates techniques to scrape websites. Explore how you can reverse engineer sites and find their APIs. Following this, the classes focus on creating a scraper that iterates every hour. Finally, all the extracted outputs can be saved in MongoDB or CSV files.
– Practice along with the videos.
– Extract information from websites with and without passwords.
– Present your results using a React frontend.
– Connect with the mentor for help.
– Bonus content is available that covers some intriguing topics.
– 136 Lectures + 5 Articles + 1 Downloadable resource + Full lifetime access
Duration: 10 hours
Rating: 4. 6 out of 5
Review: Tons of useful information, I learned a lot from this course. When I had a question about scraping from a password protected site Stefan created an entire section on it, it was so helpful! – Janae Fairbourn
4. Learn Web Scraping with NodeJs – The Crash Course (Udemy)
– Work with Nodejs, Puppeteer, and other popular tools.
– Overview of setup and other necessary information are covered in the introductory videos.
– Determine the suitable tools required based on the platform you are working on.
– User interactions can be automated by leveraging the power of Nodejs.
– Extract data from some of the platforms containing huge chunks of information.
– 50 Lectures + 32 Downloadable resource + Full lifetime access
Duration: 7 hours
Review: Wow right to the point. Great course. None of what I have learn so far was useless. Am I’m usually a self learner and do not have the patience to listen to classes like that, I usually wants to go straight to coding after the first few lessons. But in this case, I find that the information is relevant and I wants to keep on listenning. Goob Job! – Philippe Rouleau
5. Web Scraping in Python (DataCamp)
If you are interested in exploring the concept of scraping websites, then this platform will help you in learning the ropes and building a solid foundation. Begin with understanding the utilities of this skill and the structure of HTML. After the introductory module, the classes will discuss the XPath syntax, selectors, CSS locators, and responses. In the end, you will get the opportunity to create a web crawler using Scrapy.
– Techniques taught can be applied to Scrapy as well as other Python libraries.
– Create tools that can be used for parsing HTML code.
– Gain the knowledge to go for more advanced certifications.
– Complete the 56 exercises that accompany the lessons.
– The first section can be accessed for free.
Duration: 4 hours
6. Using Python to Access Web Data by University of Michigan (Coursera)
This intermediate-level course is aimed at individuals who have a thorough understanding of Python. In the initial lectures, you will explore regular expressions, networks, and sockets that will form the base of this program. Along with this, you will also find out how to retrieve data from APIs and websites, parse XMLs and look into web services and APIs using JSON. Also, check out our compilation of Best Python Scripting Courses.
– Learn about the protocols used by browsers to extract web apps and documents.
– Each module consists of quizzes based on the topics covered.
– Learn anywhere and anytime with a flexible routine.
– Enroll for free for self-learning and go for the purchasable version for earning the verified certification.
Duration: 6 weeks, 2 to 4 hours per week
Rating: 4. 8 out of 5
Review: I have not found an easy way to learn how to code with python language. Mentor are really helpful and Dr Chuck is one of the most self explain professor that I have met in my three university career. – JM
7. Learn Web Scraping with Beautiful Soup (Codecademy)
Web scraping can be performed using various libraries, and this course makes use of the Beautiful Soup library of Python to make the task much easier. The focus here is on parsing XML and HTML pages and files and learning from real-life examples. By the end, you will be confident in the concepts covered.
– Lessons are concise and easy to follow.
– Test your grasp on the topics covered by taking the quizzes.
– Work on a hands-on project.
Duration: 1 hour
So, these were the 7 Best Web Scraping Online Tutorials, Classes, Courses, Training & Certifications available online. Hope you found what you were looking for. Wish you a Happy Learning!
6 Best Web Scraping Tutorials For Beginners in 2021 – Coursesity
Web scraping is the process in which bots are used to extract content and data from a website. Unlike screen scraping, where the pixels on the screen are copied, web scraping extracts the underlying HTML code and its data in a database. Instead of the mundane, mind-numbing process of data extraction, web scraping can use intelligent automation to retrieve hundreds of millions or billions of data points from the endless frontier of the Internet. Web scraping is used by companies to scrape product data from their products and competitors to see how it affects their pricing strategy. Market research firms also use scrapers to extract data from forums, social media, and mood eping this in mind, here at Coursesity, we have curated some of the Best Online Web Scraping Tutorials with certification. Hope that you will find the best tutorial for you to learn how to obtain thousands or millions of records in a short time. Disclosure: Coursesity is supported by the learner’s community. We may earn an affiliate commission when you make a purchase via links on Coursesity.
Top Web Scraping Courses List
Modern Web Scraping with Python using Scrapy Splash Selenium
Web Scraping with Python Online Class
Advanced Web Scraping Tactics: Python Playbook
Modern Web Scraping Fundamentals with Python
Programming Applications with Python: Libraries and Web Scraping
Python Web Scraping Tutorials
What Is Web Scraping?
Web scraping is about downloading structured data from the web, selecting some of that data, and passing along what you selected to another process.
In this section, you will learn
about how to store scraped data in databases
how to process HTML documents and HTTP requests
techniques for selecting and extracting data from websites
about writing web spiders that crawl and scrape large portions of the web
Free Bonus: Click here to download a “Python + Selenium” project skeleton with full source code that you can use as a foundation for your own Python web scraping and automation apps.