How to Log Into Craigslist – Azcentral
Some online scammers create fake Craigslist login pages that do nothing but steal account information from anybody that fills up the fake log in form. These login pages resemble the original Craigslist website, so it is easy to get fooled if you do not look at your browser’s address bar. If you use your Craigslist account for business purposes, you should prevent others from potentially using your business’s name to post fraudulent ads by always accessing the Craigslist login page directly from the main Craigslist site. Step 1Visit the Craigslist homepage (see link in Resources). Step 2Click the “my account” link to proceed to the login page. Step 3Enter the email address and password associated with your Craigslist account. Click the “Log In” button to see your Craiglist account. References Resources Tips Click the “forgot password? ” link on the Craigslist login page if you do not remember your password. From there, you can enter your email address so Craigslist can email you a unique link that lets you set a new password for your account. Writer Bio John Ruiz began his writing career in 2008 as a freelancer writing for eHow and various technology, software and hardware blogs. He has been designing websites since 2002. Ruiz earned a Bachelor of Science in information technology and web design from AMA Computer University.
How to sell items on the Craigslist website and start making extra cash
The process for listing an item to sell on Craigslist is relatively straightforward.
You can sell items on Craigslist, just like classified ads in newspapers, for free — you don’t even need a Craigslist account.
Make sure the Craigslist website is set to your correct city, then click the link to create a post.
Here’s everything you need to know about listing items for sale on Craigslist.
Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
Something is loading.
Craigslist is a modern-day community bulletin board, filled with classified ads where you can buy and sell items for free. That’s in contrast to sites like eBay, where the site generally gets a cut of the sale. Posting an item for sale on Craigslist is easy, and you can create an ad in just minutes. You don’t even need to create a Craigslist account to start selling.
How to sell an item on Craigslist1. Open the Craigslist website in a web browser. It should automatically default to your locale, but if it gets it wrong – or you want to sell something in a different location – use the list of locations on the right side of the page to pick the right city. You can browse by city or state at the bottom of the list.
Select your location if it’s not already set to the right city.
Dave Johnson/Business Insider
2. On the left side of the page, click “create a posting. “3. On the next page, you might need to fine-tune your location. If there are sub-boards in your city, click the one that best matches your location. 4. Answer the question “what type of posting is this” by choosing the correct option, which is probably “for sale by owner. ”
If you’re selling a personal item, you probably need to choose “for sale by owner, ” then click “Continue. ”
5. Choose the category of item you want to sell. If in doubt, click the link to see the list of prohibited items (you can’t sell firearms, alcohol, or tobacco, among other items), but otherwise pick the category that best suits your for-sale item. 6. On the form page, enter as many details as possible. Give your item a descriptive title, the price you want to sell it for, and a description of the product. In the “contact info” section, enter your email address – this will not be published online, but Craigslist will direct replies to your ad to this email address. For your security and privacy, it’s a good idea to not share your phone number in the phone/text section.
Complete the form to indicate what you’re selling and include as many details as possible for potential buyers.
7. When the form is completed, click “Continue. “8. A lot of people may see this ad, so to help them know if you are in their area, fine-tune your location on the map. You can enter a nearby major cross street to help potential buyers. Click “Continue. “9. It’s easier to sell an item if you have good-quality, current photos. Take some pictures and then add them using the “Add images” button. You can drag images around to change their order.
Upload and arrange photos of the item you are selling.
10. When you’ve uploaded and arranged your photos, click “done with images. “11. If you’re happy with your ad, click “publish. ”
Click “publish, ” but you will also need to confirm the sale via email before it appears online.
12. The screen will display a message: “Important – Further action is required to complete your request! ” 13. Within a minute or two, you should get an email from Craigslist asking you to confirm the posting. Click the link in the email to confirm. After that, the ad should appear on Craigslist within about 15 minutes. You should keep this email to easily find the online ad again later to update, refresh, or delete the post.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:How to sell items on eBay by creating an item listing, and start your own marketplaceHow to search for a seller on eBay in 2 different waysHow to list and sell items on Facebook Marketplace, Facebook’s version of CraigslistHow to sell books on AmazonHow to sell items on Amazon like used books, unwanted gifts, and other products
Dave Johnson is a technology journalist who writes about consumer tech and how the industry is transforming the speculative world of science fiction into modern-day real life. Dave grew up in New Jersey before entering the Air Force to operate satellites, teach space operations, and do space launch planning. He then spent eight years as a content lead on the Windows team at Microsoft. As a photographer, Dave has photographed wolves in their natural environment; he’s also a scuba instructor and co-host of several podcasts. Dave is the author of more than two dozen books and has contributed to many sites and publications including CNET, Forbes, PC World, How To Geek, and Insider.
Receive a selection of our best stories daily based on your reading preferences.
Tech How To
It indicates an expandable section or menu, or sometimes previous / next navigation options.
An icon in the shape of a lightning bolt.
How to Edit a Craigslist Ad – Azcentral
You may have placed an ad inside of Craigslist for business purposes. If you need to modify your post to update it or fix any errors you have made, Craigslist has a simple procedure that you can use. You can make changes to the ad’s title, description or images, and you can even change the category where your ad is posted. You will need your account information or the email you received when you submitted your post. Using Email Step 1Log into your email account, and locate the “Post/Edit/Delete” email Craigslist sent you after your ad was posted. If you do not have it, navigate to the help page and have the email resent. Step 2Click on the Web address included inside of your email. You will be taken to a page where you can manage your post. Step 3Select the button labeled “Edit This Posting, ” and you will be taken to an “Edit Posting” screen. Make the changes you wish, then click “Continue. ” Refresh the page to verify that your changes have been made. Using Your Craigslist Account Step 1Go to the Craigslist website and click on “My Account. ” Scroll down, and input your email or username. Enter your password, then click “Log In. ” Step 2Find your ad under “Posting. ” Go to “Manage” next to it, and click “Edit” so that the edit posting screen loads. Step 3Make the necessary changes to your ad. Refresh the page to verify that the changes have been made. References Writer Bio Kim Lewis is a professional programmer and web developer. She has been a technical writer for more than 10 years and has written articles for businesses and the federal government. Lewis holds a Bachelor of Science, and occasionally teaches classes on how to program for the Internet.
Frequently Asked Questions about craigs list my account
How do I access my Craigslist account?
Visit the Craigslist homepage (see link in Resources).Click the “my account” link to proceed to the login page.Enter the email address and password associated with your Craigslist account. Click the “Log In” button to see your Craiglist account.
How do I make a Craigslist account?
How to sign up for a Craigslist ProfileFrom a web browser, go to Craigslist.Select the My Account link in the upper left of the screen.A login screen will appear.From the screen, choose the Create an account option.More items…
Do you need an account to post on Craigslist?
You can sell items on Craigslist, just like classified ads in newspapers, for free — you don’t even need a Craigslist account. Make sure the Craigslist website is set to your correct city, then click the link to create a post.Nov 12, 2020