How to configure socks5 proxy on Android / iOS devices ?
There are a lot of questions about
configuring socks5 proxy on Android and iOS devices because these operational
can�t be configured for global traffic forwarding through proxy servers. The only
exception is Wi-Fi connection in iOS, which can be configured for using proxy
(read the article �How to configure proxy on iPhone/iPad (iOS)�).
However, you can configure web browsers in
Android to use socks proxy or you can use additional remote server with RDP
access, configured for traffic forwarding through socks proxy (this can be used
both on Android and iOS devices). � The process of configuring of the remote server
with RDP connection is described in the article �How to
use RDP for anonymous web access on iOS and Android devices�) should be noted that using RDP is the only way to use socks5
proxy for 3G connection on iOS mobile devices.
Let�s describe how to configure Android
browsers for using socks5 proxy without root rights. First of all, you need to
install web browser with socks proxy configuration option, for example,
Firefox. You can find it in Google Play.
Open Firefox on your mobile device.
Type �about:config� in the address bar and
search for the following parameters:
Enter IP-address of your socks5
�Enter port of your socks5
Enter value �1� for this
3. Close settings tab or open new tab. Check your IP using
Your IP-address must match the IP-address of socks proxy server.
Your browser is configured and all traffic
will be forwarded through configured socks proxy server. However, you must
understand, that this configuration is active only for browser, so other
applications, in this case, connects to web directly, disclosing your real IP address.
You can forward traffic from all applications
on Android device using ProxyDroid, but this software requires root rights. Installation
and configuration of ProxyDroid, as well as configuration using Firefox plugins,
is described in the article “How
to work with proxy on Android | Android proxy tutorial”.
How to set up proxy socks in Browsers FireFox/Opera/IE/Chrome
How to use SOCKS v4/v5 on Browsers without the use of any
As time advances, there are also developments within the web
browser’s scene. These web browsers that we use nowadays keep on getting
improvements as time passes by. Long ago, on their early sprout within the web
and IT world, these browsers did not support many features, such as the use of
SOCKS proxies. With this reason, there came those external applications to
fulfill this need.
Now, it is good news that we do not need any of these
anymore. Thanks to updates on our favorite web browsers, they now support input
and configuration of SOCKS proxies.
How to get SOCKS Proxy
Before you can even use SOCKS proxies on your browser, first
you must get it from a proxy listing service. One good source of SOCKS proxy is This is how you can find alive SOCKS proxies.
1. Go to and then login with your account.
2. After successful login, you can now get the access
to the admin panel, in which you are now able to search for specific proxy, or
even just list all the current alive SOCKS proxies.
3. The easiest way to harvest proxies, is via the
‘List Proxys’ button. Just click it and a new page will load. This will contain
the recently checked proxy on a list.
4. Click any of the results under the hostname column.
Then a pop-up window will appear.
5. To reveal our needed proxy server address and proxy
port, we have to click on the “click here to view” link. It will check the
proxy’s status at that moment, if it is okay, then you will have the proxy
server address, as well as the port. If not, just try looking at another
hostname from the proxy list results.
6. Now we have a SOCKS proxy that we can use. In this
case, it’s 1. 36. 114. 198:53052
7. We can now proceed on setting up our browsers for
using this SOCKS proxy.
1. To use it on FireFox, just go to Options.
2. Navigate to the Advanced tab.
3. Then select Network tab and click on the Settings button. A new settings window will
appear. From here, you can now input the proxy you got. Just be sure to select
the radio selection button for “Manual configuration” and uncheck the “Use this
proxy server for all protocols” checkbox.
4. Then proceed on inputting your SOCKS proxy, click
on OK when finished.
5. Checking it at your IP is now changed!
1. On Opera browser, open Menu > Settings. 2. Select “Browser” tab and click to “Change proxy settings… ” button. 3. A pop-up settings window will appear. 4. Go to the Connections tab and click the Settings button. (if you are connecting throught local network or router – click the LAN Settings) 6. Put a check on �Use proxy server�, that will allow you to use proxy of your choice. 7. From there, click on Advanced. You can now input your SOCKS proxy. 8. Click on the OK button, and then OK once again. To check your current IP, just head on to and see
1. On IE, press the Gear button and select Internet
2. Go to the Connections tab and click the Settings
3. A pop-up settings window will appear.
4. Put a check on “Use proxy server”, that will allow
you to use proxy of your choice.
5. You can now input
your SOCKS proxy.
6. Then click OK, you shall do this for three times
just to exit settings window and save your settings.
7. Done! You are now done, you can check your IP at if it has changed
1. Click on the wrench tool and open the settings for
2. In the bottom of page click to Show advanced settings….
3. Click on the Change Proxy settings… button. A pop-up settings window will appear.. 5. Put a check on �Use proxy server�, that will allow you to use proxy of your choice.
5. From there, click on Advanced.
8. From there, you can now use the SOCKS proxy you
9. Click on a series of OK buttons to save the
10. Checking your proxy:
I want to use proxy mobile but it says its not compatable. Where can I …
Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.
I have a lg optimus slider phone
To set a proxy server in Firefox Android:
Type “about:config” in the address bar and press return.
Type “” into the search box on the about:config page.
Tap on “” and type the server name into the text box.
Tap on “” and type the port number into the number box.
Read this answer in context
All Replies (2)
how to set up a user name and password
on my pc mozila after requests a page, first jumps window to enter the login information, and there is not
Modified 12 sɛtanburu 2013 02:13:43 -0700 by mpx-200
Frequently Asked Questions about firefox android socks proxy
How do I enable socks proxy in Firefox?
How to use SOCKS Proxy on FireFoxTo use it on FireFox, just go to Options.Navigate to the Advanced tab.Then select Network tab and click on the Settings button. … Then proceed on inputting your SOCKS proxy, click on OK when finished.Checking it at http://ipleak.com, your IP is now changed!
How do I change proxy settings in Firefox Android?
To set a proxy server in Firefox Android:Type “about:config” in the address bar and press return.Type “proxy. http” into the search box on the about:config page.Tap on “network. proxy. http” and type the server name into the text box.Tap on “network. proxy. http_port” and type the port number into the number box.
How do I setup a SOCKS5 proxy?
How do I use SOCKS5 proxy settings on Windows 10?Go to Control Panel > Internet Options.Switch to the Connections tab.Click LAN settings.Enable Use a proxy server for your LAN.Activate Bypass proxy server for local addresses.Click Advanced.Disable Use the same proxy server for all protocols.More items…•Aug 18, 2020