Firefox Socks5 proxy with authentication? – Reddit
Press J to jump to the feed. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcutsFound the internet!
Hello, I am trying to dynamically make Firefox profiles and dedicated Socks5 proxies per profile. I have all of this done however I cannot see In the settings how to enable authentication for the Socks5 anyone know how to do this without a 3rd party extension? This thread is archivedNew comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast
level 1You probably figured it out in the meantime, but just to make it loud and clear:There is **NO** way to use socks auth in FF without extra ‘s a fucking 2I figured out a workaround, but yes it sucks not allowing latest news and developments on Firefox and Mozilla, a global non-profit that strives to promote openness, innovation and opportunity on the Inc © 2021. All rights reserved
Proxy Toggle for Firefox with Socks5 authentication support
Proxy Toggle is a new browser extension for the Firefox web browser that adds HTTP and Socks proxy support with authentication to may run the Firefox web browser with and without a proxy. Firefox supports HTTP, SSL, FTP and Socks proxies by default which you may all set using the Connection Settings which you find on refox supports automatic proxy configurations and proxy DNS when using Socks v5 on top of all that. Setting a proxy may be mandatory or optional. Several VPN providers offer proxy servers for instance that customers may ToggleProxy Toggle’s main purpose is to quickly between using a proxy to connect to the Internet and directly connecting to extension adds an icon to Firefox’s address bar that you may click on with the left mouse button to toggle between both need to add a proxy, HTTP,. HTTPS, Socks4 or Socks5, in the options of the extension to start using it this fields that you need to fill out depend on the type of proxy that you select. If you select a plain HTTP proxy, all you have to fill out are the host name and port. A Socks5 proxy on the other hand accepts username and password as well, and you may enable remote DNS on top of extension skips proxies for local network addresses automatically, but uses a proxy for all other ‘s particularly interesting about Proxy Toggle is that it adds Socks5 authentication support to Firefox, something that Firefox does not support out of the box (correct me if I’m wrong on this one). Closing WordsProxy Toggle is a simple extension for Firefox. It requires that you pick a proxy type and set up the proxy before you may use the extension. Once that is out of the way, you may toggle proxy use with a click on the extension if you need to switch between the two states regularly, for instance while using Firefox at work and at home, or if you need to use functionality that Firefox does not support out of the you: do you use proxies or VPN connections? Summary Author RatingSoftware NameProxy ToggleSoftware CategoryBrowserLanding Page Advertisement
How to set up proxy socks in Browsers FireFox/Opera/IE/Chrome
How to use SOCKS v4/v5 on Browsers without the use of any
As time advances, there are also developments within the web
browser’s scene. These web browsers that we use nowadays keep on getting
improvements as time passes by. Long ago, on their early sprout within the web
and IT world, these browsers did not support many features, such as the use of
SOCKS proxies. With this reason, there came those external applications to
fulfill this need.
Now, it is good news that we do not need any of these
anymore. Thanks to updates on our favorite web browsers, they now support input
and configuration of SOCKS proxies.
How to get SOCKS Proxy
Before you can even use SOCKS proxies on your browser, first
you must get it from a proxy listing service. One good source of SOCKS proxy is This is how you can find alive SOCKS proxies.
1. Go to and then login with your account.
2. After successful login, you can now get the access
to the admin panel, in which you are now able to search for specific proxy, or
even just list all the current alive SOCKS proxies.
3. The easiest way to harvest proxies, is via the
‘List Proxys’ button. Just click it and a new page will load. This will contain
the recently checked proxy on a list.
4. Click any of the results under the hostname column.
Then a pop-up window will appear.
5. To reveal our needed proxy server address and proxy
port, we have to click on the “click here to view” link. It will check the
proxy’s status at that moment, if it is okay, then you will have the proxy
server address, as well as the port. If not, just try looking at another
hostname from the proxy list results.
6. Now we have a SOCKS proxy that we can use. In this
case, it’s 1. 36. 114. 198:53052
7. We can now proceed on setting up our browsers for
using this SOCKS proxy.
1. To use it on FireFox, just go to Options.
2. Navigate to the Advanced tab.
3. Then select Network tab and click on the Settings button. A new settings window will
appear. From here, you can now input the proxy you got. Just be sure to select
the radio selection button for “Manual configuration” and uncheck the “Use this
proxy server for all protocols” checkbox.
4. Then proceed on inputting your SOCKS proxy, click
on OK when finished.
5. Checking it at your IP is now changed!
1. On Opera browser, open Menu > Settings. 2. Select “Browser” tab and click to “Change proxy settings… ” button. 3. A pop-up settings window will appear. 4. Go to the Connections tab and click the Settings button. (if you are connecting throught local network or router – click the LAN Settings) 6. Put a check on �Use proxy server�, that will allow you to use proxy of your choice. 7. From there, click on Advanced. You can now input your SOCKS proxy. 8. Click on the OK button, and then OK once again. To check your current IP, just head on to and see
1. On IE, press the Gear button and select Internet
2. Go to the Connections tab and click the Settings
3. A pop-up settings window will appear.
4. Put a check on “Use proxy server”, that will allow
you to use proxy of your choice.
5. You can now input
your SOCKS proxy.
6. Then click OK, you shall do this for three times
just to exit settings window and save your settings.
7. Done! You are now done, you can check your IP at if it has changed
1. Click on the wrench tool and open the settings for
2. In the bottom of page click to Show advanced settings….
3. Click on the Change Proxy settings… button. A pop-up settings window will appear.. 5. Put a check on �Use proxy server�, that will allow you to use proxy of your choice.
5. From there, click on Advanced.
8. From there, you can now use the SOCKS proxy you
9. Click on a series of OK buttons to save the
10. Checking your proxy:
Frequently Asked Questions about firefox socks5 proxy authentication
How use SOCKS5 Proxy Firefox?
How to use SOCKS Proxy on FireFoxTo use it on FireFox, just go to Options.Navigate to the Advanced tab.Then select Network tab and click on the Settings button. … Then proceed on inputting your SOCKS proxy, click on OK when finished.Checking it at http://ipleak.com, your IP is now changed!
How do I use IPVanish SOCKS5 Proxy?
To use SOCKS5, you would first have to log into your IPVanish account Control Panel and select the ‘SOCKS5 Proxy’ tab. You’ll be prompted to generate IPVanish proxy credentials, an entirely new username and password separate from your general IPVanish VPN account.Nov 13, 2020
How do I set proxy credentials in Firefox?
Open Firefox.In the address bar, type about:config. A warning appears.Click I’ll be careful. I promise! A variety of configuration options appears.In the Filter box, type network. negotiate.Double-click network. negotiate-auth. allow-proxies to toggle between true and false. The option must be set to false.Apr 9, 2019