JS:Proxy-B [Trj] – AVG Support
AVG Support Community
Share tips and solutions on AVG Products
These community experts are here to help
Unsolved QuestionsThis Question
Esther BHi all, It has been 3 weeks i constantly receive this Trojan message and i don’t know how to get rid of it. I can’t attach an screenshot but the URL is: you help me? ThanksEstherJune 9, 2019 · Answer · Like0 · Follow0
Avinash (Avast) Hello ‘re here to help. Unfortunately, we can not access the URL you provided. Click on ‘Answer’ & then click on the ‘Image’ [mountain symbol] & follow the instructions to upload the screenshot 9, 2019 · Like0 · Dislike0
Sandeep MahadikOpen regedit (win-key+r then type regedit)goto following keyHKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInternet Settingson right-side pane, you will find the said url ” in some key, right click and delete it. (if you don’t find it there, search for the said url by pressing crtl-F and delete that key)clean your all web cache of all your browsers (I use ccleaner). reboot your systemit will never bother you again! June 30, 2019 · Like0 · Dislike0
You need to sign in to do that.
Ask a question
JS:Proxy-B (Trj) Popups – Avast WEBforum
Topic: JS:Proxy-B (Trj) Popups (Read 3055 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Please reinstall Chrome. I have no other ideas.
Yeah I did and no luck. I don’t think Chrome is the problem? I have no idea anymore.
Go to (Windows 10) Settings -> Network & Internet -> Proxy and set to Off Automatically detect settings and Use setup script.
The script address matched the one that was blocked by the antivirus. This might’ve been it, I’ll follow up in about an hour to make sure it stopped for good.
The pop-ups are still happening. I don’t know if this helps but I’ve attached a screenshot of the URL and process that Avast is blocking.
DOes they still happen even after PC restart?
Hi sorry for not replying for a while got caught up with other stuff. I have done a full scan with Kaspersky and it found one Trojan file which it quarantined and deleted but after reboot the pop ups are still happening.
Can you open KVRT again, click on Reprots and take screenshot of detected file?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 07:36:58 PM by Sass Drake »
Research – How to Get Rid of JS:Proxy-B[Trj]? (July 2019)
JS:Proxy-B[Trj] is identified as a malicious computer threat which opens backdoor to introduce more viruses. It may put your computer into a poor condition and PC performance operates in a low quality. The JS:Proxy-B[Trj] has been planned for Internet criminal. It shows cookies and key loggers to collect useful information. The virus performs malicious things secretly. It is advised to get it off immediately once found. JS:Proxy-B[Trj] is definitely a vicious computer infection. It blocks many progresses and allows new codes running behind. The virus keeps being detected and it won’t go away. Usually the virus generates from rogue downloads, unsafe website, fake Java update and spam email attachments. Once it is installed successfully, this program modifies computer default setting. JS:Proxy-B[Trj] interferes with browsing activities, including causing unwanted redirections to advertising websites, replacing homepage and rerouting default search results. Moreover, it helps hacker steal your private information, you need to get rid of it ASAP.
Problems caused by Trojan virus
The infected computer will be slow and sluggish
The browser may shut down frequently
Your screen gets unwanted popups constantly
System errors occur randomly
It may exploit your private information
Remove JS:Proxy-B[Trj] from Computer (Steps)
Please Take A Moment To Read This
If you are concerned that your PC have been infected, you should consider using SpyHunter’s malware scanner to search for JS:Proxy-B[Trj] or other threats. SpyHunter is a professional and powerful anti-malware program designed to identify, remove and block virus and malware from Windows OS.
(The below link will open the app’s official website to download SpyHunter. Please come back to this page after you download it)
Download SpyHunter Anti-Malware Now
SpyHunter’s malware detection tool is free. Once it detects a virus or malware, you’ll need to purchase its full version to remove the threat. And please note that, I am not the maker of SpyHunter, but one of its affiliates promoting SpyHunter.
(If have Virus / Malware on Mac OS, Please Use This Guide – How to Remove Virus & Malware From Mac. )
NOTE – Some operations in the removal process may require you to exit this page or restart computer, Please Bookmark This Page first For later reference.
(To get rid of JS:Proxy-B[Trj] or similar threats, you need to try all the steps below:)
Step 1. Try to find out and end the dangerous processes run by JS:Proxy-B[Trj] or other threat.
– Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC keys at the same time to open the Processes Tab in Windows Task Manager:
Try to find out the dangerous processes run by JS:Proxy-B[Trj] other malware according to the CPU Usage and the name of its Description:
If a suspicious process is from unknown third party company, meanwhile it is causing High CPU Usage, then this process may be the dangerous process of malware.
If you are able determine that which processes are dangerous, you can select them and click End Process one by one:
Important Tips – If you are not able to identify or find the dangerous processes, we recommend you to download the SpyHunter Anti-malware and see if it will find out dangerous items related with JS:Proxy-B[Trj] for you. SpyHunter is a professional and powerful anti-malware program designed to identify, remove and block virus and malware from Windows OS.
Step 2. Uninstall JS:Proxy-B[Trj] related apps or other dangerous programs from Control Panel.
– Press Win + R keys at the same time to open the “Run” window >> Then type and click OK:
– Now you can see the program list of Control Panel, please check the list and look for dangerous app or suspicious app may be related with JS:Proxy-B[Trj]. Once you determine the unsafe apps, select them and click Uninstall:
Important Tips – If any unwanted program cannot be uninstalled from Control Panel, you may need to find out and remove related files. we recommend downloading SpyHunter Anti-malware to see if it will detect the JS:Proxy-B[Trj]’s files or related infections for you.. SpyHunter is a professional and powerful anti-malware program designed to identify, remove and block virus and malware from Windows OS.
Step 3. Delete JS:Proxy-B[Trj] and related extension Adware / Hijacker from web browsers.
NOTE – Some operations in the removal process may require you to exit this page or turn off web browser, Please Bookmark This Page first For later reference.
Remove Browser Hijacker from Microsoft Edge
1. Change Edge’s default search engine to Google Search:
Open Microsoft Edge >> Click the menu button (the button with three dots) at the top-right corner >> Select “Settings” in the menu.
In the “Settings” panel >> Scroll down to Advanced settings and click the “View advanced settings” button.
In the “Advanced settings” panel >> Scroll down to the “Search in the address bar with” setting >> Click the “Change search engine” button.
In the “Change search engine”>> Select Google Search and click “Set as Default”.
2. Change your Homepage on Edge:
– Open Microsoft Edge >> Click the three-dotted menu at the upper-right corner of the windows >> choose Settings.
– Under the Open Microsoft Edge with option >> Choose A specific page or pages from the menu >> Enter a URL into that box and click the save button off to the right.
Remove Adware Extension and Hijacker from Google Chrome
1. Delete unsafe or unwanted extension from Chrome:
– Click Chrome menu → select Tools.
– Then click Extension >> Select JS:PROXY-B[TRJ] or unwanted extensions → click on Trash bin >> Click Remove
2. Change your Homepage on Chrome:
Click Chrome menu >> Select Settings;
Within Settings, in the Appearance section, check the box next to Show Home button;
Click Change next to the address shown below the Show Home Button;
In the window under New Tab Page >> Type in the web address of the page you like to set as your homepage >> Click OK
3. Change your default Search Engine on Chrome:
– Click Chrome menu >> Select Settings;
– Within Settings, in the Search engine section >> click Manage search engines…
– Choose the search provider you want to make as the default and then click Make default;
– Click Done.
Delete Adware Add-on and Hijacker from Mozilla Firefox
1. Delete unsafe or unwanted extension from Firefox:
– Go to Firefox menu and click on Tools >> Select Add-ons
– Select JS:PROXY-B[TRJ] unwanted extensions and add-ons >> Click Disable or Remove button to remove it.
2. Change your Homepage on Firefox:
– Click the menu button and choose Options >> Click the Home panel.
– Click the menu next to Homepage and new windows and choose “enter your own URLs” >> Type in the page you want to set.
3. Change your default Search Engine on Firefox:
– Click the menu button and choose Options
– Click on “Search” >> Choose your preferred Search Engine from the “Default Search Engine” drop down menu.
Delete Adware Add-on and Hijacker from Internet Explorer
1. Delete unsafe or unwanted add-on from IE:
– Click on Tools >> go to Manage Add-ons
– In Toolbars and Extensions >> Choose JS:PROXY-B[TRJ] or unwanted extensions and add-ons → Click Disable button
2. Change your Homepage on IE:
– Click Tools in the upper-right corner >> Select Internet Options. – Under the General tab, type the URL of the web page you want to set. – Click Apply >> Click Ok.
3. Change your default Search Engine on IE:
– Open Internet Explorer >> click the gear icon >>Click Manage add-ons >> Click Search Providers.
– Now you will see those which are already present on IE. Right-click the one you want to set as your search engine >> select Set as default.
Important Tips– If the above operations cannot remove JS:Proxy-B[Trj] related extension or hijacker from browsers, you may need to find out and remove its related files or malicious programs. We recommend downloading SpyHunter Anti-malware to see whether it will detect files of JS:Proxy-B[Trj] or other infection for you. SpyHunter is a professional and powerful anti-malware program designed to identify, remove and block virus and malware from Windows OS.
Step 4. Try to find out and remove JS:Proxy-B[Trj] related files or other malicious files from Regidit Editor.
“Windows + R key” together to open Run Windows.
2. Type “regedit” in Run Window and click OK button to open registry.
3. Find and Remove Registry Files created by JS:PROXY-B[TRJ] and other threats:
Click Edit >> Click Find:
Type in virus’ name and click Find Next >> Delete dangerous registry files found.
Important Tips – Please Be Carefully When You’re Going to Delete File in Regedit Editor.
Before you delete any registry files, you need to 100% determine that these files are dangerous items. Please Do Not Delete Crucial System Files in Regedit Editor Mistakenly! Or your computer may be damaged!
If You Want To Avoid The Risk, we recommending using a Professional Anti-Malware Tool to scan your computer and see if it will detect files of JS:Proxy-B[Trj] or similar infections:
1. Download SpyHunter Anti-malware from its official website:
(The below link will open a new page from where you can download SpyHunter. Please come back to this page after you download it)
Download SpyHunter Anti-Malware NowSpyHunter’s malware detection tool is free. And please note that, I am not the maker of SpyHunter, but one of its affiliates promoting SpyHunter.
[Helpful Tips] – If you fail to download SpyHunter, it is possible that the download link is blocked by another anti-malware tool running on your PC. In such situation, please try to Turn Off the running anti-malware tool, and come back to this page to try the above download link again. If the download still fails, you can learn why you’re having issues downloading SpyHunter.
2. Double click the SpyHunter-Installer:
– When the “User Account Control” dialog appears, choose “Yes“.
3. Choose your preferable language and click the “OK” button to proceed the installation. Wait several minutes to complete the installation
4. Once the installation is completed, run SpyHunter and click Start Scan Now.
5. When scan is completed, select all detected dangerous items and click Next:
6. If you want SpyHunter to help you remove all detected threats and get the daily system protection from now on, you will need to Register its full version. If the automatic removal does not help, you can get One-on-one customer support to fix your problem from computer experts.
Step 5. Block “Notifications” of Suspicious Websites on Web Browsers.
Block Microsoft Edge Notifications:
Click the menu button (three dots) on the right upper corner of the Edge window
Scroll down, find and click “Settings“
Scroll down again and click “View advanced settings“
Click “Manage” under “Website permissions“
Click the switch under each suspicious website
Block Chrome Notifications:
Click the Menu button (three dots) on the right upper corner of the screen
Select “Settings“, scroll down to the bottom and click “Advanced“
Scroll down to the “Privacy and security” section, select “Content settings” and then “Notifications“
Click three dots on the right hand side of each suspicious URL and click “Block” or “Remove“
Block Firefox Notifications:
Click the Menu button (three bars) on the right upper corner of the screen
Select “Options” and click on “Privacy & Security” in the toolbar on the left hand side of the screen
Scroll down to the “Permissions” section and click the “Settings” button next to “Notifications“
In the opened window, locate all suspicious URLs, click the drop-down menu and select “Block“
Block IE Notifications:
Click the Gear button on the right upper corner of the IE window
Select “Internet options“
Select the “Privacy” tab and click “Settings” under “Pop-up Blocker” section
Select suspicious URLs under and remove them one by one by clicking the “Remove” button
Important Tips– If the above operations cannot remove JS:Proxy-B[Trj] or similar pop-up ads, you may need to find out and remove malicious programs related with it. We recommend downloading SpyHunter Anti-malware to see whether it will detect malware on your PC. SpyHunter is a professional and powerful anti-malware program designed to identify, remove and block virus and malware from Windows OS.
SpyHunter’s malware detection tool is free. And please note that, I am not the maker of SpyHunter, but one of its affiliates promoting SpyHunter.